Why and how to linux? - For windows specific users
Q. Open source softwares have steep learning curve and are less user friendly! Is it?
This is a biased opinon becoz of the less advertisement, awareness of opensource softwares. Actually its not true for every software.. like i used to think like that coz i had no experience with quality and simplicity of opensource softwares before.
But its not always the case( almost always):
- Vlc: (oss, we all are experentially exposed to the reliability and usefulness of this utility)
- Chromium: (oss, 1. which is original product as chrome white-lables and rebrand it on every release as chrome funds it and leverage the oss, 2. without chrome secretly collecting data)
- inkscape: which is a direct competetor to adobe vector graphics (i was amazed on the simplicity and usage of this particular when i used it over time)
- 7zip tool: (winrar was always wanted me to buy it, but 7zip is free and felt freedom)
- keepass: an amazing password storing vault which i use for almost 10+ years (this is REAL GOOD THING - everyone should use it, i backup my keepass_database i guess once a while on github repo to use in case my laptop is stolen).
- virtual box: which almost every company uses for virtual machies for its simplicity and amazingnes(i prefre another linux-only solution i.e, kvm which is also pretty neat).
- Its better to learn using the oss rather then getting hacked with crack softwares.
~ Credits: Me and Shagun Sharma.